Monday, January 18, 2010

How do I get my rabbit used to being held?

I recently took in a rabbit and his previous owners were teachers so they were never around to hold him. He's a year and 4 months old and he's not neutered which we are going to do soon. But how can i get him to hold still when i hold him?How do I get my rabbit used to being held?
My sister adopted a large male rabbit and he was rather unfriendly at first. She spent a lot of time talking to him and petting his head. Keep your tone low and soft. He has to learn to trust you. Don't immediately move to grabbing him up.





He will eventually warm up to you and let him come out of his cage and look around. Get near him, pet him and talk to him like you have been doing. He will eventually come to you.








However, if he is really aggressive it may not work. We had a rabbit when we were younger and she just never warmed up to us. She would let us pet her but anything beyond that was out of the question.





Rabbits are a lot like humans as far as personality. If your rabbit is the loner and likes to stay to himself, he may always be that way.





Here's a good site and you can find several others by searching out ';how to tame a rabbit';How do I get my rabbit used to being held?
Spend time each day holding %26amp; patting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment