Saturday, January 23, 2010

What do I need to ship a rabbit from Michigan to New york and How much would it cost?

Someone wants to buy one of my rabbits. I have never shipped them before. What do I need to ship them? Does a vet need to get involved? Do I need to ship in a special cage? How much should everything cost? Any help would be appreciated.What do I need to ship a rabbit from Michigan to New york and How much would it cost?
I don't think it costs $500. You'll probably want to check with Delta Airlines and FedEx. I remember rabbit breeders from one of the ARBA national conventions saying Delta was about the only air carrier they could ship rabbits with when they travelled to the show. When I did a FedEx tour, I remember them talking about shipping some horses overseas once.





Probably your best source for info would be the ARBA. Their website is:





http://www.arba.net





Or you can email them at:





info@arba.net


What do I need to ship a rabbit from Michigan to New york and How much would it cost?
It will cost about $500. For the crate, insurance, dishes, and shipping fee it will add up. Talk to your airport or do some research about the pollicies for shipping animals for your airport. You will have to purchase a special crate from the airline.

No comments:

Post a Comment