Saturday, January 23, 2010

What does it mean when your pet rabbit licks your hand?

My pet rabbit licks my han and arm whenever I pet him and say hi to him. Does anyone know if this is a good or friendly thing? He's a nice calm rabbit so I'm assuming he doesn't want to eat me or something. I'm just not sure if it means the same thing as when, say, dogs lick you.What does it mean when your pet rabbit licks your hand?
It means he likes you. Rabbits will lick each other when they groom each other and that is a sign of affection. You can feel very honored that your bunny loves and trusts you enough to groom you!


Here's a fun site about bunnies --


The Language of Lagomorphs: http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittal鈥?/a>


Very amusing and good insight into why your bunny does what he does





p.s. If he nips you, it just means he found something that needed more grooming. He isn't trying to hurt you and if you yelp, he'll stop.What does it mean when your pet rabbit licks your hand?
He is probably in need of a little salt.


He smells it on your hands in your sweat.


Animal instincts are better than ours, and they tend to know what they need.


Just like a dog eats grass every now and then.
i tink it means he likes you
The rabbit is licking the salt from your sweat off your hands. Lots of small pets will do this. Check with a pet store to find out if there are salt supplements you can give the rabbit.
It is not a good thing. You need to understand rabbits do not ';lick'; people. He might be dehydrated, thinking that your skin might have water. If he is not drinking from his rabbit water bottle, I suggest that you get his some lettuce, carrots or any other veggies high in water content. You might want to get him checked out.
It means that you taste pretty darn good!
he could just be being effectionate or hes just licking the salt of your hands
mine lick me all the time i honestly believe they feel loved an not scared of us once they have got used to us they know were here to help them an love them i have 4 an everytime i get them out to play or go to feed them for whatever reason im there they always lick me an i know they love us too from this put him up by your nose mine lick my nose an cheeks as well i think/believe he loves you an hes used to you an he doent feel that your gonna harm him good luck hope this helps feel privledged though my sister in laws rabbit is a girl an she isnt that friendly with her i have 2-girls an 2 boys an within a couple ,months they all mellowed out an became affecionate
your right it does not mean the same as when a dog licks you. most rabbits will lick you for the salt on your skin if the don't have a salt block. or they are trying to groom you or you have food or perfume on you had that they like. if your rabbit doesn't have a salt block i would buy him one.
My rabbit licks my hand, he does it to my mum to, and hes a very sweet rabbit bit of a softie, it just means that your rabbit loves you. i find he always does it after I've been fussing him and giving him loads of attention, his like his way of saying he loves you and its his way of giving affection back.
I think that when your pet rabbit licks you it is a way of him letting you know he loves you and that he feels loved by you. He also feels safe around you. That is just what I think. I could be wrong though. But I would think that it is an act of affection and love our animals have for us whenever they lick us. Even rabbits.
have you ever given it a salt block?
The rabbit is after the salt on your palms. Give him/her a mineral block, she needs that in her diet. The rabbit will probably still lick your hand though, it's a friendly gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment