Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How much water should my dwarf rabbit drink in a day?

He is five years old, but I just adopted him this past week. He doesn't drink very much water - only about one-fourth a cup a day. This has me worried. Is something wrong? I feed him pellets that have seeds and veggies in them and he refuses to eat hay. Help!How much water should my dwarf rabbit drink in a day?
Its pretty normal for your rabbits to drink for an extended period of time.


If you have a sipper bottle on the cage- this is especially true. Not much water comes out the end so they will spend a while getting the amount of water that they actaully need.


Rabbits tend to drink alot of water throughout the day, and can easily suffer heat stroke if left alone on a hot day without any water or shade to keep them cool.


It is pretty unusual for a bunny to get diabetes, so I wouldnt be too worried about that.


If all your bunnies are drinking at the same rate it is a good indication that nothing is wrong with them.How much water should my dwarf rabbit drink in a day?
My bunny is 6 months old and she drinks about a bottle every 2 days (half a bottle a day). If you seriously think that he isn't getting enough water, call his vet, he might get dehydrated which could be dangerous and expensive if you end up having to force feed (drink?) him the water through an IV. Btw, they HAVE to eat hay because it clears their digestive track and prevents hairballs from forming; the pellets are not enough. If I were you I'd stay on the safe side and call his vet. His eating and drinking issues could have a more serious cause. I hope this helped, good luck!
well it should drink about half a bottle of water depending on the size of the bottle and rabbit a day.


remember to give it fresh water every day
They don't drink a lot. one-fourth cup of water is normal for a bunny. Don't worry. He has a good diet I wouldn't worry about him
i dont no what kid of mine is but he dosent drink much either he and the famale have 2 water bottles and they have about half of 1 each a day
He's fine, he'll drink as much as he wants to. The new home may have him taken aback a bit. At least he IS drinking! ;o) You'll be fine.
I have a dwarf rabbit. Mine probably drinks alot less than yours does
  • bright lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment