Sunday, January 24, 2010

How much time should you spend with a rabbit?

I got a rabbit, but then I also work alot and when I come home I try to spend sometime with her. But at the same time I wonder if I am giving her enough playtime and attention. I know to some this may seem silly. But I've heard that rabbits can get destructive when they are kept active or when they are depressed.How much time should you spend with a rabbit?
If you provide a good, interesting environment for your rabbit with lots of safe toys and chewable items, then it is okay to only spend a few hours a day with her. Just remember that she needs mental stimulation even when you are not there, but the toys and items in her cage need to be chosen for their safety as well.





Here are three websites with info on toys for rabbits, but I would caution you not to allow her to have anything in her cage unsupervised that she could get tangled in (like the slinkey that the one website suggests) or that she could get sick from chewing on (any rubber or plastic toys):





http://www.rabbit.org/journal/3-6/chew-s鈥?/a>


http://www.mybunny.org/info/toysforbuns.鈥?/a>


http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/rabbits/a鈥?/a>How much time should you spend with a rabbit?
I give my rabbit free time in my room for about two hours, and when I clean out his cage I put him in a fenced part of our yard to play in. He does get destructive when I leave him at for school, so i provid him with toys to entertain hisself, anything with a bell in it I find works for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment