Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rabbit....?

We just got a new 3mo. old bunny 2 weeks ago. We are unsure of the sex (I think it might be a female). Everytime I hold the bunny she pees on me! Its not like im keeping her there against her will.. she always lays down and wants me to pet her, but everytime she pees. Is this a good thing or bad thing? And how can i STOP this! Thanks!Rabbit....?
You can easily tell the sex of a rabbit that is as young as six weeks old. You won't have any problem with a three month old. Check out the article below to learn how to expose the genitals so you can check the sex of your rabbit. The pictures are good and the instructions easy to understand. Remeber, boys have a ';dot';, girls have a ';line';. You'll see on the pics.





The peeing thing? I guess it's a bad thing for you. LOL. Seriously, it's not so uncommon for a young bunny to pee on you. This has nothing to do with whether its a male or female, neutered or not, or aggression.





Sometimes, like a child, they just can't hold it anymore. Rabbits don't want to pee on you. They want to pee in the same one or two places all the time.





You're rabbit is most likely telling you she has to go potty but you're just not ';hearing'; her. Learn to recognize the subtle signs that she needs to go wee wee and then let her take a potty break to go in the appropriate spot.





What's a sign she needs to go? She may fidget a little before she goes. Keep an eye out for this ';pee pee dance'; and take her to the potty right away! You'll learn quickly. :P





Good luck and enjoy your bunny!Rabbit....?
Well im not all that good with bunnies but i have a dog! Your bunny might have a bladder problem but it is a bad thing you need to train her to go outside and to stop peeing on your because that is disrespect train her while she is young because if you wait til she is older she will take advantage of you later!
I had questions about rabbits too. I went to google.com and got all my questions answered and more. Try it.
she feels threatened by you maybe, or she is marking her scent..usually its the males that do this tho, so maybe shes a he!!





its very difficult to determine sex from a young rabbit until they are about 4 or 5 months old.





easiest solltuion is to sit her on the floor by you and pet her..that way she wont pee on you.
My male used to do this and other things, once he got


fixed he was a new nice animal, no problem after that.
I can't help with your problem, but I had a bunny once. I named him Petey. I used to let him loose in my bedroom. I had him litter trained. One day I was laying on the floor reading a book, Petey came up to me and bit me on the foot. I got rid of him and rescued a cat from the APL. Petey was given to a good home and lived out his days loved.
As she gets older, she will be able to control her bladder better. Try laying a towel over your lap while you hold her for now. Or you can purchase some puppy training pads from Walmart for fairly cheap, and those would work as well.


Good luck with your little bunny. :D
I have a rabbit, and I love him, so dont think that I'm a rabbit hater or anything, but rabbits are not the smartest animals, and they will pee on you. Mine did that when he was a baby too. Eventually he learned to use the litter box in his cage on his own, we didnt even have to train him (we leave the door to his cage open when he is out, so he can get back in if he wants to).
how cute a bunny..=)
I have a bunny that's about a year old (a girl, she's had babies). I believe she's a netherland dwarf- just a regular looking rabbit. She has pee-d on me and my mom when she ';gets scarred'; by something we're doing (However, I think she does it on purpose since she acts like a snob :) Also, compared to our other rabbits, she's a little dumber (sounds weird, but different bunnies have different intelligence levels).





If your bunny is flinging it onto you, then it's aggresive. If it just comes out, she's probably just scarred.
  • bright lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment