Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How can I keep my rabbit cool during the heat wave?

She's black which probably doesn't help! I've put my big fan on her and I am putting little bowls of water in the freezer to make them nice and cold, which she is loving! Is there anything else I can do, as I know they get heat stroke more easily than us.


Also does any one know if ti's common that they eat less dried food, and more fruit and veg when it's this hot?


ThanksHow can I keep my rabbit cool during the heat wave?
I am very expirienced when it comes to bunnies, so I'll try to help you as much as possible..here are ways to keep your bunny cool:





1.Make sure she has lots of water always


2.Give her a peice of marble countertop to lay on (make sure that it doesn't have sharp edges


3.Freeze Waterbottles and use them


4.Put a fan on her (on low and only a couple hours at a time)


5.Make sure she gets lots of cool vegies and fruits





As far as her eating habits...


It is very common for your bunny to eat less of her dry food and more veggies and fruits-but be sure to provide them





Also, If your bunny isn't drinking enough water you need to buy a sat lick..it's usually shaped like a wheel and it connects to the cage (You can get them at any petstore for at most, $4) Bunny will lick it and that will make her thirsty and drink.How can I keep my rabbit cool during the heat wave?
spritz a little cool water on her. what with the fan blowing on her, she'll cool right down. don't overexcite her and make her run around; just let her chill out. you can also freeze water bottles and put them in her cage so she can lay up against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment