Sunday, January 24, 2010

Is a rabbit or cat better for a first pet?

I am looking for a pet if u r giving out one for free im interested!!! Also i want ur suggestion. Is a cat better than a rabbit for a first pet?Is a rabbit or cat better for a first pet?
I would say a cat. My daughter has a rabbit and she is very cute and very personable but she needs alot of attention and her cage has to be cleaned every day or it smells horrible (kind of like Sea World).Is a rabbit or cat better for a first pet?
I think a cat is a better first pet (all my rabbits kept dying when i was a little kid, devestating!!) but make sure you check the parents and make sure its a very friendly cat, there are many different personalities and some very nasty ones, so you will want to get a very affectionate and tolerant kitty! Have fun looking! :-).. Kat.
rabbits are cute but cats are easier to take care of
I would say a cat. There is a lot more care that goes into rabbits than people realize. Rabbits are great pets but for a first timepet, I would get a cat.
Cats are more independant and cleaner.
I say a cat - they are clean and they do not need a cage. So it is cheaper.
i sorta like rabits.just for some reason. they just seem more alive and wont scrae you at night unless it has red eyes....
For a first pet, depending upon the age of the person, I would suggest a cat. I personally own a rabbit and it is the best pet I have ever had, but they can be high maintenance. My rabbit is litter box trained and lives in the house with me. But she requires alot of attention. She is an attention hog.


But cats are more independent and self sufficient.


Good luck.
I like rabbits better as first pets. They wont claw everything in your house, they will socialize with you more, and it's so cute letting them out of their cage and watching them hop lol. And you dont have to worry about spaying or nuetering or declawing it.
cats. definitely cats. they pretty much take care of themselves minus the litter box clean-up.
I prefer rabbit, it stays in a cage most of the time. A cat may make a mess in more places. I think rabbits are cute, hop hop.
I think Rabbits make great first pets, but they are very different from cats. You can learn a lot having a bunny as a companion animal. They are not as demanding as a cat, can be litter trained like a cat, can be very affectionate, but need to be confined when you are not home. Cats won't chew wires or wood in your house, but can claw your sofa and carpet. Both should be neutered/spayed. Both are a commitment of time and money. Think carefully before getting either.
I would go with neither. I would start smaller, like with a fish. Then move up to a hamster, rabbit, cat. I own a rabbit and she does require attention, she gets out of her cage and runs almost everyday.


If you go with a cat, then it would depend on the type. Obviously they are still going to need attention, play time, food, and litter box.


To me they are about the same, except I can put the rabbit back in a cage (she is not litter box trained) Also remember to supply lots of chew toys, otherwise and even with toys, they may chew on chords and things.

No comments:

Post a Comment