Friday, January 22, 2010

What rabbit and gender will get on with a one year old female netherland dwarf?

Hi there,





I have a 1yr old white female netherland dwarf and shes getting a little lonely. Is there any rabbit that wont fight with it?





Maybe a male netherland dwarf?





Thanks from LMWhat rabbit and gender will get on with a one year old female netherland dwarf?
A submissive personality neutered male of any breed will likely work out best, but ONLY if she is spayed. If she is not spayed, there will be fighting, trust me. Females can be incredibly territorial in captive situations and will fight (sometimes to the death) with another rabbit. A spayed female/neutered male combo is easiest to introduce. Look here in the socialization section for tips on introducing two rabbits: http://www.rabbit.org/behavior/index.htm鈥?/a>





Add: Unless raised together from birth, two females will very much fight, and badly- worse than two males, even. Even when both spayed, female to female is the hardest pair to bond and often do not work out.What rabbit and gender will get on with a one year old female netherland dwarf?
I had a one year old female Netherland Dwarf as well and I too decided to get her a buddy. I asked my vet which would be the best gender to get for her, that would get along with her and he told me another female. He told me in order to help them bond, to keep them in separate cages side by side at first, to let them sniff each other out. And then let them together supervised and allow them to bond. I got a female minilop and they got along very well. They were very, very close. About a year later, I purchased another female Netherland Dwarf. None of my females were spayed and they got along fine.
I would suggest getting another small female rabbit, if possible another netherland dwarf. I think definately female though. They will not fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment