Sunday, January 24, 2010

What is the best way to stop my rabbit getting into my flower borders?

We have put down animal repellent which my cats hate (hurray) but Barney (my rabbit) doesnt seem bothered! The border height is abouta foot and cannot be made higher. I need some kind of a repellent or ingenious idea which will allow me to still see the flowers and let light in but which will stop him getting in and scoffing all my pretty flowers! (and yes I know some plants are poisonous and i'm doing my best to stop him getting anywhere near the border at the moment, but i need a more permenant solution!)





Thanks guys!What is the best way to stop my rabbit getting into my flower borders?
Just saty no noWhat is the best way to stop my rabbit getting into my flower borders?
make a play pen and and put it some place away from ur flowers
Rabbits can dig down 3ft and can climbed 3ft
Here is something that wont effect you flowers, put a fence around you rabbit NOT the flowers. Give Barney rooms to explore and leave the rooms with the poisinous flowers shut and at night put Barney in a cage that way everything is safe because i have 4 bunnies and they dont JUST eat flowers they eat EVERYTHING


good luck and i hope that helped


=D
My husband's Grandmother used to get hair from the beauty shop and keep it around her flowers. It worked for her.
If Yoo Have The Space Have Yoo Thought About Purchasing A Rabbit Run For Barney? That Way He Would Get All The Excercise He Needs, Be Safe From Eating Anything Poisanous And Your Flowers Stay Safe Too. Or You Could Train Him To Go On A Leash And Attach This To A Tie Out Pole Mostly Used For Dogs As This Would Also Help Keep Him Away From The Flowers. Or You Could Try Training Him. When He Approaches The Flowers Make A Loud Distraction (Banging 2 Saucepans 2Gether) Or Spray Him With A Little Water Or Stamp Your Foot On The Ground So That He Associates Going Near The Flowers With Something Nasty And Won't Want To Go There





Hope This Helps x
I have had the same problem but with wild rabbits. I needed to install a small fence around the flowered areas to keep the animals out. You can buy a fence like this for very little at home depot and you simply roll the fence out or with the smaller portion you simply stick the fence in the ground.
either keep him in the hutch or build him a run,,,,,,,,,,
.38 caliber between it's pink little eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment