Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How can I tell if my rabbit is pregnent?

I keep catching my male rabbits humping the female one, so I want to know how I can tell if my rabbits pregnent so I can be prepared.How can I tell if my rabbit is pregnent?
';Palpating'; is feeling to see if a Doe (female rabbit) is pregnant. many websites will tell you how, and a vet could do it. watch for signs of aggressiveness and nesting.How can I tell if my rabbit is pregnent?
I house sat for friends awhile ago and they had the same issue, but didn't know she was pregnant. She never grew really much bigger, but the tip off one evening was that the poor bunny was frantically trying to build a nest. The materials just kept falling through the wire cause there was no nest box or anything. You could provide a box for her and watch for nesting (your bunnies do have hay, right?? I learned the hard way the importance of giving your bunnies adequate TIMOTHY hay).





Luckily my friend's bunny safely had four babies after I moved her in to a flat surfaced cage and I got to keep one.





And keep the males away from the female!! This bunny had a litter of 11! before the first four had found homes. You may consider getting the female fixed, which not only solves the mating issue but also prevents many illnesses for the bunny.
ahw will be moody


buliding nests nearer the time-28 to 34 days pregnnt


Somd get fatter


fwll for small grape like bumps under her tum but becarfull-shoudl eb done by proffesoanls.





Remove the males from the girls now if i was you.





put in a nest box or lots of straw for emergancy








good luck
Your female will get moody and agressive and start pulling fur out of her chest about 1 day before the babies are born. she'll also get fatter (lol). You could try feeling for the babies. This web shows you how, http://www.threelittleladiesrabbitry.com鈥?/a>
keep them seperated! Or she will just keep popping out kids and bucks will kill them. At about 2 weeks her belly should feel pretty hard and she starts to eat more to provide for the growing babies.
it will have a big butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment