Monday, January 18, 2010

How do i get my rabbit to stop biting and scratching the couch?

When i let her out, she'll jump on the couch and start biting and scratching it. I scold her loudly but she doesn't listen. Please Help!How do i get my rabbit to stop biting and scratching the couch?
when my rabbits do that i tell them no and i bang my hand on the floor next to them because that is what they do if they are mad and if that doesn't work put a little bit of vinegar around where she chewed so she won't chew on the furniture anymore, cause rabbits don't like the smell of it and they will stay away from itHow do i get my rabbit to stop biting and scratching the couch?
google House Rabbit Society, everything you need to know about rabbits from health to behavior is there. distraction is the best method. scolding doesn't work as you have found. when the rabbit starts to do this you can lure her away from the furniture with carrot or whatever veggie is a favorite to your rabbit. a lot of time rabbits will chew because they need to wear down their teeth. the teeth grow continuously. definitely google HRS for more info.
well having your rabbit fixed will definitly help. my rabbit use to do that so i only let her out in the kitchen and bathroon she scratches the floor and tries to bit the wood trim on the walls, but when she tries i spray her immideatly with the water bottle. doing that after a while most of the time i dont even have to spray her i just show her the water bottle and she runs away and stops trying to scratch and bit things shes not suppose to. hope this helps.
I she spayed? Sometimes they will get more agressive when they're hormones are out of wack. Try a combination of bitter apple spray, with hiding veggies around the room to distract her.
Ummmm.... put her back in her cage?!!
uh, it's called training!! get a trainer.
she could also be trying to burrow to hide herself, since their ancestors were in the wild and were prety animals, it may just be a defense mechanism, all four of mine did that too, they'd like bite at the fabric/material and start scratching. i think they were trying to hide themselves cuz as soon as i'd put their ';t towel'; on them they'd be okay.
Squirt her with water.
LMFAO!!!!!!! umm take her away from the couch or put her in a different room... that hilarious!!!
When my rabbit does something I dont like, I lightly tap her on the nose. Then I replicate what rabbits do when they're angry. I bang my foot on the floor so she knows that im mad at her.





I look like a fool, but I swear it works!
she wont stop my male rabbit scrathes the carpet he will not stop no matter what i do.
if you have the time, squirting them with a watergun everytime she does it usually helps... but it is timeconsuming unfortunatly

No comments:

Post a Comment