Saturday, January 16, 2010

How can I keep rabbit from chewing the carpet?

I have a Netherland Dwarf rabbit who likes to chew the carpet. There are several spots she has chewed up. I have tried sprays, clapping my hands and saying No, but nothing seems to stop her. Does anyone have any ideas? She has plenty of acceptable chew toys, paper, etc., but isn't interested.How can I keep rabbit from chewing the carpet?
remove the carpetHow can I keep rabbit from chewing the carpet?
I need to know the same thing my bunny does this all the time and he does not stop..
don't put ur rabbit on the carpet





ha ha, sorry. that's pretty much it.
What I do is push her away from what she is doing, then we put a piece of paper or some cardboard over that spot, so she can chew on the cardboard, she likes to try and dig into the carpet as well, we put linolium down under the couch, not nailed down just a piece of it so she can try diging on that, which she does.


You can always put her in her cage when she does this, or try to get her brain on something else, rabbits get focused on something and it can be hard for them to stop, pestering her and putting other options are really the only things I can think of.
lol my bunny does that too.. i juss got her a 3 months ago, shes still small, i tell her no and she listens..its funny to see her chew on the carpet, she still hasnt gotten her teeth strong enough to leave spots on it..i kinda punish her when she does that, put her back in her cage for a few minutes (she prefers being outside) so when she comes out she doesnt go biting anymore
Try putting something on top of that spot. Also use ivory soap to make it taste badly.
I've taken to buying a seperate, cheap carpet and putting it over my good carpet.





Looking forward to other answers on here, because I have the same problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment