Monday, January 18, 2010

What breed of rabbit is this? What is a good website for identifying rabbit breeds?

http://images.rescuegroups.org/animals/f鈥?/a>





I need a good website for identifying rabbit breeds also.What breed of rabbit is this? What is a good website for identifying rabbit breeds?
The rabbit looks like a mix. A netherland would have much smaller ears. A good place for breed identification is ARBA, but you will only find the breeds recognized by them there. They do not include mixed breeds which is what the rabbit in the picture is.What breed of rabbit is this? What is a good website for identifying rabbit breeds?
Awww it looks like a dwarf bunny. How cute! http://www.arba.net/Breeds.htm There's a site showing all of the breeds, although to a person like you or I it will be very hard to tell some of them apart. At the pet store they are typically sold as ';dwarf'; bunnies, sometimes mini rex. I have a mini-lop :) He is the best pet ever. I just got him 6 weeks ago and hes already fully potty trained and has made friends with my 2 cats. They even look out the window together and all 3 of them play on the cat tree. They also play fetch with eachother. I only got this bunny because he was not looking too good, and he was the last bunny at a pet store. I didn't know if it was going to work out and I was thinking I might give him to my cousin if it didn't work. I also planned on keeping him in a cage most of the day and letting him run an hour or so a day. But now I can't imagine doing that! He's just like a cat. I wish more people would realize the potential rabbits have, that they can live like a cat if you bunnyproof your home. Good luck, I hope you get the bunny. It's adorable!
Its a Netherland Dwarf.


ARBA has a page of officially recognized breeds.
  • dermalogica
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment