Monday, January 18, 2010

How can i get my rabbit to use her salt lick?

She licks the cardboard (I'm guessing for salt). I don't think she realizes that the white wheel is salt. How can i get her to use it?How can i get my rabbit to use her salt lick?
Sometimes putting a little water or juice on it will draw their interest. It likely won't do any harm, but if you're feeding a good pellet your rabbit already has enough salt in her diet and doesn't 'need' the salt lick.How can i get my rabbit to use her salt lick?
She will ONLY use it if she needs it! If she's not using it, it means that the saline levels in her body are right on where they need to be. All you have t do is offer it to her, in CASE she needs it, but they don't always. Just leave it in there - she'll take it when she needs it
at a pet store they told me to give me rabbit salt licks but honestly i believe they dont even need it. double check that. i have a rabbit and she rarely licked the salt lick. she only messed with it when she moved it out of her way.
Hmm...when I had a bunny we would dunk the salt lick in carrot juice, and so she'd lick it for the carrot taste xD Don't know if that usually works though haha
She knows its salt. They will only lick the salt when they need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment