Monday, January 4, 2010

Rabbit Neutering: What should I do when my rabbit comes home from being neutered?

How long will he have to be on his own for? I need to know all the facts of post op before monday morning when he goes in for surgery! Thanks.Rabbit Neutering: What should I do when my rabbit comes home from being neutered?
He should be back to normal in a couple of days of the op, so don't worry too much. The vets will go through things with you thoroughly after the operation when you collect your rabbit and I am sure you feel completely confident when you bring him home.Rabbit Neutering: What should I do when my rabbit comes home from being neutered?
Only two or three days on his own just untill the cut heals.
2-3 days in case other pets want to lick the wound.





i regret not being extra attentive to my rabbit after this - he must have felt strange. pet your rabbit!
Bucks hormones (and sperm levels) can take up to 8 weeks to drop to zero;





Once he's back from the vets the most important thing is that he starts eating; even only a little bit.





If he hasn't eaten by the next morning get an appointment with your vet to have them administer a drug to help gut motility.
im sure da vet would tell u if not then jus ask..x
Best bet is to ask your vet all these questions on Monday morning. They will tell you everything you need to know.





I am taking my rabbit in to be neutered in a few weeks time and I will be asking them same questions. Your rabbit will have a health check before while you are there so you will have time to ask all these questions you need.
If not sure ask the vet. the vet will always give you instructions
he will be probably back to himself in a day or 2


he wont be able to lick the wound because he will have that big round collar ( thats what my rabbits had)

No comments:

Post a Comment