Saturday, January 16, 2010

How do i prevent a rabbit from digging in my backyard?

If I was to give my rabbit a free run in my backyard, how would I prevent it from digging a hole and escaping from my backyard.How do i prevent a rabbit from digging in my backyard?
Make sure you put large rocks around your fence area. You can get them on the side of the road for free. Also there is a special spray you can get to help them stop digging. Try pet-co or pets-mart.How do i prevent a rabbit from digging in my backyard?
The other answers are good. You may want to also consider a fence that will keep out neighbor dogs, coyotes, and other predators. Raccoons would be my biggest concern.
You could get a bunch of chilli pepper and cayenne pepper powder and mix them together, then sprinkle it around the borders of your yard. The rabbit will cut n run after sniffing that up. This will only last about a day though, then you'll have to reapply it.
keep him inside, my 6 lb rabbit is an indoor rabbit, whenever he feels like digging holes he tries to do it along the wooden floor, and he doesnt mess up the wood, his paws arent strong enough to scrath the wood. i give him about 2 to 3 c arrots a day and i notice when i forget its like he threatens me and begins to chew on the tv wires or the couch only when i dont give him carrots. other than that, keep your bunny inside, clean his cage once a week so its doesnt stink and its better htan worring of having him run away.
cement your backyard. the whole backyard.
put chicken wire over the grass. then put a small fence of chicken wire around that chicken wire on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment