Saturday, January 16, 2010

How do i prevent my rabbit from nibbling on the fleece bedding?

I just started using fleece as bedding for my rabbit and noticed that he's been nibbling little holes in the fleece. Anyone have any suggestion on how I can prevent this? Thanks. How do i prevent my rabbit from nibbling on the fleece bedding?
Haha, you don't. :D





It's not a big deal if your rabbit nibbles it a little. I'd keep using it until it's really torn up and then go out and buy some more. If there is a way to keep her from accessing it, that might help. My rat likes to pull the fleece parts that are hanging out of her cage back into it through the bars and chews on it. If I cared more I could do a better job of stopping it.





FYI, Joann's is having a huge fleece sale right now. You could stock up!





Hope that helps!How do i prevent my rabbit from nibbling on the fleece bedding?
get the fleece away from the rabbit!!! use straw and newspapers for bedding. depending on where you live, the temps are changing and the rabbit's habitat needs to be modified for the weather. i line the warren with a piece of plywood and put layers of old newspaper on it. on top of the paper i put a thick layer of straw. i keep the cover on the litter box and put another cover on top of it to keep the snow out.
Let him nibble. It's harmless. My male rats have fleece lining the bottom of their cage, and sure, it gets a hole or two in it, but that's fine. It doesn't affect the use.

No comments:

Post a Comment