Friday, May 14, 2010

Why has my rabbit developed a bald spot under her neck?

She is a dwarf bunny, two years old. Today I noticed a bald spot under her neck, only visible when she has her head fully looking up. What might be the cause for this, and is it serious enough to have a vet treat it?Why has my rabbit developed a bald spot under her neck?
I don't know all the facts- I'd like to know how long have you had her? you say she is two years but that doesn't mean you have had her two years. Next I'd like to know did you change her diet, change her cage around ?


Most likely it's a simple sign of stress... to fix the problem make sure she has a hide (to hide in) enough space in her cage to move around, and if you have any loud company or anything let them know about the situation... many things can stress animals but this is the number one reason they begin to lose hair and most of the time they pull it out themselves because their stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment