Friday, May 14, 2010

How much money do I need to get a rabbit?

I want to get a rabbit, but I need to know how much money I have to spend to get all the necessities. Excluding vet bills and rabbit toys. I'm going to try to find toys around my house to use. By the way, does anyone know any good homemade rabbit toys I could make?How much money do I need to get a rabbit?
All my rabbit supplies and rabbit came to under $200 dollars.


Buying a starter kit is a good idea, I bought mind when it was on sale so I saved $100 dollars.


Buying used cages is also a money saving tip.





As for homemade toys, toilet and paper towel rugs are a good idea.


My rabbits favourite toys are things that make noise.


Cat balls that have bells in them at the dollar store are good.


Plastic cups are good.


Old kid toys that make noise if you bush up against them.


Strings with beads and bells are good.


But, the dollar store is an excellent place for toys. How much money do I need to get a rabbit?
We built a nice condo big enough for a bonded pair of rabbits for about $200. The adoption fee at the SPCA to take home a rescued rabbit is $80. And don't forget the cost of rabbit-proofing their running around area. You need to get plastic tubing to protect electrical cords, telephone and computer cables from being chewed.
Look around, it all depends on where you go and what type of rabbit!


A rabbit is a big responsibility, so if I were you I'd save your money and wait until you have everything you need before you buy your rabbit.





good luck! ;]]
it really depends on what type of rabbit you get and where you get it from. I got my mini rex rabbit from forest park petting zoo for $20.00


But if you get it from a good pet store it could be anywhere from $20-$200.
http://rabbit.org/ has good care info.





Adopt http://www.petfinder.com Buy hay in bulk.
Just like what Alochin said, it depends on where you get the rabbit. Try to search multiple places if you can.
$400





Use it wisely.
at a store like pet co about 30-50$$$

1 comment: