Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What kind of signs would tell me if my rabbit has fleas?

I went on a long trip and came home to find out that my house has fleas. This is a rented home with many people in their 20's living there. I have been bitten viciously on my feet and ankles, but I have noticed no change in my pet rabbit's behavior. If he's not scratching, does that mean the fleas are not biting him?What kind of signs would tell me if my rabbit has fleas?
Go through your rabbits fur and look for tiny black specks. Get a cotton ball and get it wet, put one of those black specks on it and rub it around. If it starts to turn red, then that is flea poo, otherwise, digested blood. Proof that your rabbit has fleas. You need to ';bomb'; your house every 2 weeks for 3 treatments. Vacuum like mad in between. Good luck!!What kind of signs would tell me if my rabbit has fleas?
You can check him the same way you do cats and dogs. Check behind the neck and at the base of his tail. Fleas love to hide there.


Sorry, I don't know how to treat them if he does have them. Check with your vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment