Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Do rabbits kills cats? Or does the cat have a better chance of killing rabbit?

I am getting a rabbbit soon but am afraid my neighbors cat will get in our yard. They let him run loose. Will it hurt or kill my rabbit?Do rabbits kills cats? Or does the cat have a better chance of killing rabbit?
Rabbits don't kill cats.Cats on the other hand can kill rabbits.My friends cat is always bringing wild rabbits it's killed home.However in it's hutch your rabbit should be ok.Do rabbits kills cats? Or does the cat have a better chance of killing rabbit?
A cat would kill a rabbit, but mainly only baby rabits or small breeds, due to the size a cat will struggle to kill a large rabbit and so most of the time dot even go there. At my farm i have 4 bengal cats, they are savage lol! go after babys all the time, we have to be careful. but the bigger rabbits such has dutch, rex, large lops breed etc. They dont stand a chance, so to be honest if you are worried about cats gettinbg your rabbit, just get a larger breed. If you need anymore help at looking at the breeds available, go to www.brc.org.
I have heard of cats killing wild rabbits, but it's pretty rare. They usually go for smaller prey.


I had pet rabbits running around in my fenced backyard for years and the neighbor cats never bothered them. I even put a guinea pig out in a pen, with a house to hide in.


Once when I opened the gate a neighbor dog charged in and went for the rabbit. First the rabbit turned to tell the dog ';no'; as he always did with my own dogs. When he saw the dog was serious, he took off toward a wagon, made a quick right turn, and the dog ran into the wagon. This is a classic rabbit tactic when being chased by a predator. This rabbit had never seen anything dangerous before; his instinct just took over.


Rabbits don't kill cats.


If your rabbit is in a cage, there shouldn't be any problem.
Cats have the instincts of a predator, and rabbits are prey animals. The cats may end up going after the rabbit. Rabbits can die of a heart attack from fear just from a predator being close by. If possible, I would keep your rabbit inside, but if you must keep it outdoors, make sure the area is secure with no way for another animal to get in.





I hope this information helped you!
My cats always try to eat my rabbits in their cages but they don't and I always keep an eye on them and my rabbits are oudoor rabbits but once my cats opened one of the cages but i WAS LUCKY i was right there so I caught the cat before itm ate my rabbit. After that I put a chain latch on every one of my cages.
dont let your rabbit outside. its best to keep them inside. rabbits are prey animals, cats are predators. the rabbit sure wont go after the cat but it will put up a fight. depending on how big the rabbit is.. they could do some definate damage to the cat although i wouldnt test this out.





also if its a skittish smaller rabbit, the idea of a prey animal within reach or coming into the yard could cause a heart attack.
The cats will definately come out tops. We have wild cats on our farm and they live off rabbits!


I suggest you build a really good hutch, and make sure its either got wire all the way under the hutch, or that it can't be tipped over (preferably both). Also, have a place where the rabbit can run in and hide if its getting scared of the cat.
cats kill rabbits because rabbits are herbivores and herbivores only eat plants like grass berries and stuff.





Cats eat meat and maybe plants so they are either carnivores or omnivores. Which both of those two groups can kill herbivores.


Omnivores eat both plants and animals and carnivores only eat meat.


Aha. I know so much.





';jay kay';





hope i helped





:}
G'day,





Well I can tell you from personal experience that cats can and do indeed kill rabbits. When we lived in the country, my cat had no problem killing the rabbits, then dragging them inside and leaving them under our dinner table to make sure we knew what a mighty hunter she was. In fact one night my husband and I put our Swanni's (a type of jacket) on the ground so we could lie under the stars. Anyway, I had this 'lump' under my Swanni, and it was really annoying. Finally I stood up and lifted up the Swanni to see what the lump was....and yes, you guessed it...it was another rabbit! Thank the Lord I hadn't lay directly on the ground...lol. However, the rabbits my cat killed were always younger, smaller rabbits. Rabbits can die of fright also....so just be aware of that. Sorry...not good news. But you could always keep your rabbit in a cage to keep it from being dinner?
Cats kill rabbits by the gross. I live in the countryside, and my cat kills rabbits and even eats them alive. It's not cool to keep cats and rabbits together. DON'T DO IT!





I sincerely mean it folks, cats love to eat rabbits. Mine does, I don't know why, we feed him all sorts of expensive cat food, but he would sooner eat a rabbit any day.
I have 3 cats and 2 rabbits, my cats don't mind the rabbits and my rabbits are curious about the cats, but there are some cats that WILL hunt and kill rabbits. I've heard quit a few stories of cats coming home after catching wild rabbits. It depends on the cats temperament.
Cats kill rabbits.Why don't you keep the rabbit in the house? Rabbits don't belong outside all alone in a little hutch anyway.There's no sense in getting a rabbit if you're just going to keep it outside. Dogs,raccoons and other animals will kill rabbits as well.
yes a cat will hurt or kill a rabbit. a rabbit will not kill a cat though it is possible for a rabbit to injure a cat but mostlikely the cat will kill the rabbit b4 the rabbit has a chance to fight back.
The cat will probably have the advantage over the rabbit, being a hunter and a carnivore, but rabbits can put up a pretty good fight when cornered.
The cat could very easily kill your rabbit - our cat brings headless rabbits in all the time - and the rest of the time she lets them go in the kitchen !!!!





Seriously though - Cats don't kill rabbits Rappers do !





Peace
cats will more likely kill rabbits. rabbits are herbovores and can not kill cats.
cat kills rabbit


its bigger, has sharp claws and teeth, more aggressive...





rabbits only have buck teeth and strong running legs.
I think the cat has a better chance of killing the rabbit. But it could be Vice-Versa
Cat's usually only kill smaller baby rabbits, but it can seriously injure it.
Cats kill rabbits. My girlfriend had a black cat that use to kill jack rabbits and bring them home.
Cats kill rabbits.
Cats will chase and kill rabbits
A cat would have a rabbit - shame you can't cull cats..

No comments:

Post a Comment