Friday, May 14, 2010

How can I convince my parents to keep my rabbit in the house instead of outside?

I just don't like the way my rabbit is like living outside and I want to let her live inside, but my parents don't agree on that. Anything I can do for them to let me do this?How can I convince my parents to keep my rabbit in the house instead of outside?
Purchase a proper cage with your own money, and start spending more time with them.





It's good of you to make the effort to have them brought inside. Rabbits who are housed outdoors often have shorter lifespans. They're very social animals, and living outside is a rather lonely existence for a rabbit. They're also prey animals, and they scare easy. If an outside animal tries to get to them, they usually die of fright. Parasites and diseases are more common in outdoor rabbits.





If you prepare for the move yourself, and with your own money, your parents will likely see that you're serious about what you're doing. You can litter train a rabbit, and their litter has very little odor. You should work on this immediately, even while he/she is still outside. Have a space prepared which is usually quiet, as rabbits do not like loud noises. Keep in mind that rabbits should have four hours of exercise, and they're most active in the morning and evening, and sleep during the afternoon. I suggest letting your rabbit out three or four times a day, for at least an hour at a time, or twice for two hours.How can I convince my parents to keep my rabbit in the house instead of outside?
Do you feel lucky? Do you feel that you have the maturity and presence to take sole responsibility for keeping the rabbit clean? If so, try making a deal with your parents....if they let the rabbit come inside, you will keep the cage spotless, there will be no odor. If they smell rabbit, you will accept the rabbit being moved back outside permanently with NO arguments.
If you have one then you need to let her inside! A single rabbit outside will get bored. You need to either get another rabbit, or keep the rabbit inside. Ask your parents if you can keep the rabbits inside for the winter, because it gets far too cold. Rabbits can also have a heart attack from just seeing a predetor because they know they have no place to hide. I was sending my dad tons of e-mails about why rabbits should staty inside (my 2 rabbits live outside) so my dad finally noticed that I really wanted this, so he said that I could let them stay inside for the winter.
Not really.





Rabbits are surprisingly well adapt to live outdoors. They also can come to little harm out there as long as they are supervised, whereas indoors there are wires they can chew, objects they can destory, things they can get trapped behind- etc. etc.





They also smell more indoors and make more mess- from a parents' point of view, this isn't very positive.
Promise them to do anything good for your rabbit and the family.


(i.e - Always clean the rabbit cage, don't let the rabbit get out from the cage such as piss off at your parents room, disturb any of your family members and anything else that make your parents won't give you to living inside the house)
It hard to.


But this could help.


I used to have a HOUSE rabbit.


It slept in a cupboard with a cabinet with straw in.


It would go to the loo in there too.


But it isn't hard to clean, It EASY!





Hope this helped with an idea.
save up-buy you a big cage(like a giant plastic chinchilla cage) and prove your responsible enough to keep up on caring for it if its going to be an indoor animal(food/water/change bedding ect.) then maybe they will ; )
Tell them you're worried that a cat or something might attack it, this has been known to happen, seems like a good enough reason to keep it inside.
Tell them that it's getting very cold outside and you don't want him to freeze to death, and tell them you will feed him every time it's needed!
its not stinky. only if you dont clean its cage.
Show that the rabbit is destructive outside. You could cut your parents break lines and put rabbit poop around it so it looks like the rabbit did it. Then show your parents your rabbit's destructive behavior outside and they'll be forced to keep it inside. Problem solved. Make sure to point out the cut brake line before your parents drive off.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't do the destructive behavior part because then likely wont want them inside even more and possibly just want them gone completely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! No words. You always go one step beyond.

    There is so much great, useful information here. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    Read our guide if you wish.
    pet norm

    Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete